Jukka Zitting wrote:
Hi,

On 4/18/07, Christoph Kiehl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I recently tried using the jackrabbit snapshot build from
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/jackrabbit/. One problem I discovered is that in the POM for jackrabbit-core for example there
are no versions for jackrabbit dependencies like jackrabbit-api defined.

The dependency versions are defined in the jackrabbit parent POM using
the Maven dependencyManagement feature. I believe Maven should
automatically download also the parent POM and take the version
numbers from there.

That's right, and maven does it exactly like that. The problem is, that if you take for example the latest snapshot POM http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/jackrabbit/jackrabbit/1.3-SNAPSHOT/jackrabbit-1.3-20070418.104105-138.pom the version number of all jackrabbit dependencies is 1.3-20070418.104105-138. But there is no jackrabbit-core with version number 1.3-20070418.104105-138. The jackrabbit-core with that timestamp got a different build number. I don't really know why, and it should be correctable, but unfortunately right now I've got no time to dig into that.

Cheers,
Christoph