Hi,

On 4/25/07, Johan Stuyts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Storing all values as a binary field will prevent access to
> the content
> > using standard database tools. You won't be able to look at
> the values
> > in the database without starting Jackrabbit.
>
> I don't consider that to be a design goal. The values would most
> naturally be stored directly on disk without a database anywhere.

IMHO it is worth to make access to the data using available tools
(database viewers, database backup tools, reporting engines, schema/data
migration tools, etc.) possible. If you do not, you have to write a
custom tool for the NGP model for each purpose.

I would expect such tools to work against the JCR interface instead of
any underlying persistence model. Note that architecturally I consider
the JCR API to be a parallel alternative to JDBC, not something you
necessarily build on top of JDBC.

BR,

Jukka Zitting