Hi Christophe,
I had workspace.move(src,dest) in the original patch for JCR-910. I had tested it and it worked perfect i.e. deleted the node from src and added it to dest. I see that you are now using session.move(src,dest). But then session.save() is also required.

Thanks,
Ruchi

Christophe Lombart wrote:
Yes, I can make a simple basic test to check if I have the same issue.
I would like to modify one unit test in jackrabbit-jcr-tests and run it but the unit tests are not in the folder 'test'. So, how can I run it with maven
?

br,
Christophe

On 5/23/07, Stefan Guggisberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

hi christophe

On 5/21/07, Christophe Lombart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In the ocm framework, we have the feature to move object. When the
> implementation uses the jcr call 'session.move (src, dst)', it works
fine.
> the source node is deleted but if the implementation used the jcr call '
> workspace.move(src, dst)', the source node is not deleted.
> I'm wondering why the both methods are not providing the same result. Is
it
> not a bug or do I miss something ?

the difference between Session#move and Workspace#move is that the
latter immediately persists the changes while the former causes transient
changes only (which need to be persisted separatly using a save() call).

however, the current session's resulting view should be the same.

personally i doubt that it's a bug in Workspace#move since we should
have noticed it earlier. however, if you have a test case that
demonstrates
the issue please create a jira issue.

cheers
stefan