Hi,

On 6/20/07, Felix Meschberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
And by the way, using an OCM with proper objects also helps a lot ensuring
the integrity of the data managed, as there is a single point of control
regarding how the data is accessed. Again, your mileage may vary, but as
code tends to grow, this should be seriously considered.

This is actually one of the points why I prefer *not* to use an object
layer on top of JCR. Having our content in a repository allows it to
be easily accessed and modified by a number of different and
independent tools. Hiding your integrity constraints in an object
layer makes that object layer the only "safe" way to access the
underlying content, which is bad for extensibility of the system as a
whole.

I would much rather put integrity and other constraints inside the
repository using the node type mechanisms. Unfortunately the current
set of constraints available in Jackrabbit is somewhat limited, but
that's a good case for filing improvement requests instead of
implementing extra constraints in application code.

BR,

Jukka Zitting