Hi,

First off, I am all for a promotion to the main stream.

But then, I am somewhat reserved with respect to the Node Type
Management stuff. This is - as the respective API is not defined in JCR
- depending on the Jackrabbit-Core library.

So as first step, I suggest investigating whether it is possible and
worth it to extract an API for node type management out of the core into
jackrabbit-api. If we come to a positive conclusion, I am all for
including the node type management stuff and write it against the new
API. Otherwise, I wouls suggest to only include the mapping part and
leave the node type management part out for the moment.

As for the Spring stuff, I would not add/promote it. Rather I would
think about moving this to the Spring Jackrabbit tools on dev.java.net.

Finally, the mapping component should be made "implementation clean".
That is, the mapping library has some references to jackrabbit-core
which are mainly used for testing and should actually removed from the
library as they have nothing todo AFAIK with the mapping itself.

The reason why I insist on strictly removing any jackrabbit-core
dependencies is, that in a distributed use case (e.g. RMI) or even in a
standard installation where the repository runs in a separate web app
and the jackrabbit-core library is not in a shared class path (which is
correct), the jackrabbit-core classes are not available to the mapping
code running in the application space web app.

Regards
Felix