Hi,

On 9/20/07, Felix Meschberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Given the growth of the number of more or less independent "top-level
> sub-projects" in Jackrabbit, we should probably start again thinking of
> having independent releases ?
>
> For example, I could imagine, that OCM has definitely a different
> release cycle than core which in turn might have a different cycle than
> webdav.

Agreed. There's some overhead (separate Jira projects, etc.) to
handling independent release cycles, but sooner or later we do need to
start doing more independent component releases.

So far I've been thinking about Jackrabbit 2.0 as the "natural" break
point for the project structure. We'd have synchronous 1.4 (and
perhaps 1.5) releases of all the current release components, but
starting with 2.0 we'd do separate component releases.

BR,

Jukka Zitting