> Hi,
>
> On Dec 10, 2007 4:40 PM, Esteban Franqueiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Sorry to insist, but I never got an answer to my previuos email about this.
>
> No problem. I was offline for the past week, vacationing in China.

Nice :)

>> What about JCR-314, 935 (which you mentioned) and 1148, issues related with
>> the
>> fine grained locking? We've been testing the fix I proposed for JCR-1148 in
>> the
>> JCR-935 comments for some time now and haven't had any NPE due to it.
>
> I'm not sure how ready we are to switch to fine grained locking as the
> default SISM locking strategy. From a feature perspective it would be
> really nice, but I'm a bit worried about stability especially since we
> finally seem to have overcome the infamous concurrent versioning
> problems.
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

I'm not saying it has to be the default, but it could be optional. I have a
patch for 1.4 that adds
a lockingStrategy attribute to the repository config (per repository), and it
has a few tweaks in
it. I can upload it for review. Our testing with 1.3.1 + FGL shows a tree-fold
improvement, so I
think it's worth to further develop this feature. We're using it as is, with
the changes commented
in JCR-935.
I haven't stress tested 1.4 yet, but at least in 1.3 I'm in the situation
descrirbed above (no more
NPEs).

Regards,

Esteban Franqueiro
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally
privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received
this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete
it.