hi jozef

Well I had to increase maximum heap size for both client and tomcat
server in order to be able to send 20mb binary property, and it was
damn slow. I think most of the problem was by this base64 conversion.

probably the easiest (least effort) solution would be
to have an alternative implementation for RepositoryService.addProperty
and RepositoryService.setValue in spi2dav.

an alternative to the global binary store (that consequently
would allow to keep the 'ValueProperty' (that sends the
value array in a webdavish xml-body) would be a straight
forward PUT for single-valued properties. that could (no garantuee)
already work on the server.
for multi-value properties a multipart request could be used.
but that would require some additions on the server.

can you open an issue for that?

regards
angela