Hi,

Am Montag, den 14.01.2008, 10:39 +0100 schrieb Alexander Klimetschek:
> Do you intend to write the IoC container on your own? IMHO there is
> good choice available out there: Spring (although it tends to put too
> much of the config into XML, away from the code) or even OSGi, as

If it is just for the configuration, I would not consider OSGi (mind
you, I am a very big fan on OSGi and would really like to modularize and
run Jackrabbit inside of OSGi).

> implemented by Felix and in use in Sling. I have used Spring a lot, I
> think it is the best classical IoC container out there, but it still
> is limited in its overall concept compared to OSGi. I am not sure how
> to do repository.xml-style configurations with OSGi, but I suppose
> there are ways.
>
> Apropos config: I often felt the need for a configuration of
> Jackrabbit's components through code, especially when setting up test
> cases that require an underlying Jackrabbit in a specific way. That
> should IMHO be a design goal as well when changing the config
> implementation.

Therefore, I would rather go step by step (as has already been proposed)
and first convert the config classes into ones suitable for IOC (and
therefore completely agnostic to how the configuration data is stored
and/or retrieved).

For compatibility with existing XML configuration file a very simple
BeanMap based approach may well work ...

Regards
Felix