If I understand you, your proposal is something like this :
1. If the class is mapped to the unstructured node type or a node type
that gives you  the possibility to add extra properties, create a new
property "ocm_classname".
2. If it  is not possible to add this property due to strong
constrains in the corresponding node type, try to add the mixin type
"ocm:discriminator" (if necessary).

Is it something like this ?

Christophe