> Yes, I thought of that aswell. However, just renaming the existing  class is
> probably not an
> option since it would break backward  compatibility.
>
> What do you suggest? Any other good ideas?

You're right. Maybe we can create a new class for Oracle 10+, Make it inherit
from DbFileSystem, and
override the createSchema(), and table space related methods, which are the
ones that need special
handling. Furthermore, we could refactor the current OracleFileSystem and break
it into two clases,
one of them to keep the current behavior and a new one to keep the common code
(which we could
rename to OracleBaseFileSystem or similar, for the reason you said). Then we
make the
Oracle10FileSystem inherit from the latter.
WDYT?
Regards,

Esteban Franqueiro
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally
privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received
this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete
it.