Hi,

I agree, to support authorization the method could be on JackrabbitSession:

void JackrabbitSession.shutdownRepository() throws RepositoryException

Maybe with a boolean parameter forceShutdown to shutdown even if
others are connected, but such a method could be added later on as
well.

In my view it makes more sense on the session than on the workspace
because workspace objects don't necessarily have an authorization
context, same as repository objects. However session always have that.

By the way, there is SessionImpl.createDataStoreGarbageCollector that
is similar. Offtopic: this methods should probably also be added to
JackrabbitSession, but then we need to add a
JackrabbitGarbageCollector interface.

Regards,
Thomas