On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 2:25 PM, Jukka Zitting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The question is, should the 1.5 upgrade changes in configuration files
> or not? I would rather opt for a smoother upgrade with more backwards
> compatibility, but I acknowledge that there are good reasons why we
> might want people to update their configurations. WDYT?

+1 for being backwards compatible in a minor 1.x release

In the SecurityManager case I would let the parser allow the old
config, use defaults for the new required component, and log a big
warning on the console that this old config is deprecated. We can
really remove it with Jackrabbit 2.0.

Regards,
Alex

--