Hi,

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 12:07 PM, Christophe Lombart
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> if you want, I can do it in 1.5

It's no big deal for me to do the merging, and doing so helps me keep
track of everything that's being included in the release.

But if you like to do the merge then that's fine as well. Note however
that I'm using the merge tracking feature in Subversion 1.5 to keep
track of things in the branch, so if you work there make sure that you
are also using svn 1.5.x and follow a workflow like this:

0) Checkout the 1.5 branch:

    svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/branches/1.5
jackrabbit-1.5
    cd jackrabbit-1.5

1) List all changes in trunk that are waiting to be merged to the branch

    svn mergeinfo https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/trunk
--show-revs eligible

2a) For each change that you want to merge to the branch:

    svn merge -c $rev https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/trunk
    svn diff    # check that everything is ok and modify if needed
    svn commit -m "1.5: Merged revision $rev ($jira)"

2b) For each change that you do not want to merge to the branch:

    svn merge -c $rev --record-only
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/trunk
    svn commit -m "1.5: Ignore change in trunk"

BR,

Jukka Zitting