Hi,

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 9:13 AM, Angela Schreiber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Note that the webdav component is a bit special in that it actually
>> doesn't have much to do with JCR, so eventually it might be useful to
>> find a good home for it for example in Apache HttpComponents.
>
> that has been discussed in the past and honestly i don't
> want to start that discussion again.

OK, that's fine.

> regarding jcr-server:
> i think we should address JCR-417 first instead of
> putting the complete jcr-server to a commons project,
> since i have the feeling the server part of the jcr-remoting
> doesn't really belong to the commons.

We could keep jcr-server with the core for now and decide later if or
when it should be moved to the commons.

> apart i don't have any strong feelings regarding the
> commons stuff unless i can run a single mvn call to
> built and test all of jackrabbit-core and the various spi
> projects with the latest version of jackrabbit commons
> and without having to touch the pom.

That should still be possible, though with one caveat: the latest
version of jcr-commons in the build would now be the latest _released_
version. Similarly, in jcr-server the latest version of the webdav
component would be the latest webdav release.

Is this a problem? If yes, then we could keep such upstream
dependencies with the core for now, only moving those components that
aren't really related to changes in core components. That would leave
us with:

   * jackrabbit-jcr-tests
   * jackrabbit-jcr-benchmark
   * jackrabbit-jcr-rmi