Hi,

I was just reading some of the old TCK docs, and using JNDI to instantiate the repository without having to supply a custom RepositoryStub was advertised as a feature...

That doesn't work right now for 2.0, as we have had to add methods to obtain instances of java.security.Principal for testing purposes.

One use case is required: we need a principal instance for modifying ACLs. The alternative would be to require the repository to have an existing content node with an ACL from which a Principal could be obtained.

The other use case may be not-so-important; it checks the API behavior when an "illegal" Principal is used (for instance for a user that once was valid, but has been deleted since).

I note that the current API does not allow a standard way to get a Principal instance, except from an existing ACL. Is this something we should address?

BR, Julian

  • TCK vs JNDI Julian Reschke