Hi,

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 11:50 AM, Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com> wrote:
> Weird, there is no patch available on the bug.

The "Patch available" status is just a workflow state that can be
reached through the "Submit patch" transition. If there is no patch,
then you can simply use the "Cancel Patch" transition to revert the
state change.

> Same for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCRRMI-25 where
> 'Anonymous' changed the status to patch available. Is that possible
> for an anonymous user?

Hmm, it is. I checked the workflow settings and they are:

* Open -> Patch Available : can be done by anyone who can attach files
to the issue (i.e. all registered users)
* In Progress -> Patch Available : can be done by the assignee
* Reopened -> Patch Available : can be done by anyone!

The Apache Jira loses your login state when you browse it through http
instead of https, so anything you do there is recorded as having been
done by an "Anonymous" user.

The Repopened -> Patch Available transition should probably be
modified to use the same access controls as the Open -> Patch
Available transition. Though I'm not sure how to do that...

BR,

Jukka Zitting