On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 8:55 AM, Stefan Guggisberg
<stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i absolutely agree with thomas. 14 jars sound like way too much...

Jackrabbit was build on different open source projects and much more
complex than some simple utility library. The total number of jars
doesn't concern with me once we have a clear dependency policy and
documentation for each modules. The repository launcher will load
those dependencies especially in OSGi environment, 14 or 24 doesn't
make too much difference. Those jars will copied by some automated
process to libs folder and end user doesn't need to aware those
dependencies.

The only concern is the number of jars started with jackrabbit-*. I
would dream to get a default repository just with jackrabbit-core.
Just a DREAM :)

-Guo