Hi

We're running a multi-threaded application which creates/updates nodes
in jackrabbit. Here's an outline of the deployment model:-

- The jackrabbit web app is deployed to the same tomcat instance as our
main app.
- The jackrabbit repository is accessed from our app using RMI.
- We use Threadlocal to confine/isolate the jackrabbit Session.
- We use jackrabbit node locking to enable concurrency of writes to
jackrabbit nodes. We have a multiple level node hierarchy where nodes
are added concurrently.
- We use the embedded Derby database for database persistence.

We're getting a bit of a bottleneck when performing the writes, mainly
due to the amount of node locking we're having to do. I can't see a way
around this, so the only measures I can see to improve the performance
is speed up the writes.

We've tested using postgres for the database persistence, so hopefully
we should get some performance gains there. Is there anything else that
can help improve the write performance? E.g. moving back to using the
standalone server, rather than co-hosting jackrabbit in the same tomcat
container as the app?

Regards

George Sibley