hi,

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 10:31, Thomas Müller <thomas.muel...@day.com> wrote:
> Could those who suggest to get rid of the public implementation
> methods please submit a patch for the Jackrabbit 3 prototype? We can
> discuss from there.

I don't think that's necessary. if there are specific concerns about
the jackrabbit 3 prototype, then people should discuss it and submit
patches. I think we shouldn't just blindly apply any decision or
outcome of a discussion to all code bases we maintain. you are
currently the only developer that is actively working on the
jackrabbit 3 code base and I think it is OK (or even desirable) if
some design aspects are different compared to jackrabbit 1.x and 2.x.
it will show the pros and cons of the different designs (or is it
rather coding style?), which is IMO a good thing.

regards
 marcel