hi jukka

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 2:11 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The level of activity on the j3 sandbox has been pretty nice in the
> past few weeks. Would someone working on the code care to give a short
> update on the latest developments? The commit messages have been
> rather terse for now...

we're still at a very early stage and the code base is still far from
stabilizing.
we're experimenting with different ideas/approaches which sometimes get
discarded soon after (much like in a proper sandbox ;). that's why commit
msgs might be terse at times.

the goal is to have a working spi-based stack with the microkernel underneath
(jcr2spi->spi2mk). such a stack would serve us as a POC for the technical
viability of a MVCC-based microkernel approach. furthermore it would allow
to benchmark the mk-based stack against jackrabbit-core and jcr2spi->spi2jcr.

one thing we've learned so far is that the spi abstraction layer probably needs
to be largely re-written/re-designed in order to fully take advantage of a
MVCC-based microkernel.

cheers
stefan