On 14.12.11 14:18, Julian Reschke wrote:
The use case is that the client should have a way to detect the JCR data
type for unstructured data (JSON doesn't have a 'date' data type). For
the
MicroKernel, we currently use a different convention: we encode the data
type in the value.

<insert-anti-JSON-pro-XML-rant-here/>

Maybe sometimes simple is too simple :-)

When we started using 'JSOP' and JSON for the jr3 Microkernel based implementation, we didn't have a clear picture on how to map things to JCR. The conception then was 'decorate it on top somehow'. As it is apparent from this discussion, this isn't as easy as it seems without resorting to ad-hoc extensions.

This discussion just touched two of the paint points: copy and data types. Others are: observation, locking, name spaces and remapping, access control, ordering, properties and nodes with the same name, same name siblings...

Michael