Hi,

Am 08.03.2012 um 06:57 schrieb Angela Schreiber:

> hi
>
> in addition to the proposal by jukka to setup benchmarks
> i would like to suggest to soon setup integration testing
> that also test jr3 against the TCK.
>
> imo it's important that we identify implementation
> details that violate the JCR specification early in the
> process.
>
> this will not only allow us to take conscious
> decisions regarding compliance violations but will also
> be very important to spot possible issues that will arise
> with migration of JCR applications to jackrabbit3.
> (thinking of apps like sling or cq that relying on quite
>  some jr2 implementation details that are also reflected
>  in the TCK :-).

Good point. Of course, I would be very interested to hear about such
implementation dependencies to be able to fix them in Sling.

> what do you think?

Absolutey !

I even would go a step further: A new persistence abstraction - the Mikrokernel
API - is defined. We might even create kind of TCK for this API such that
multiple implementation (we expect to come up over time) can be tested against
that common TCK and the rest of Oak using the Mikrokernel can depend on the
Mikrokernel contracts.

Regards
Felix