Hi,

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 2:48 PM, Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org> wrote:
> I was having a look at KernelRootBuilder.update() which saves pending
> changes down to a branch in the Microkernel after a certain threshold in the
> number of changes. I was wondering if this has any effect at all. The branch
> is never merged back. Or is that branch "only" used as a persistent cache?
> Since there is similar logic in RootImpl already, this might also be work in
> progress. If so, I suggest to disable it for the time being.

Yes, we can disable it.

It's mostly an incomplete experiment at seeing whether we could get
rid of the NodeStoreBranch feature entirely by pushing the existing
RootImpl purge logic down below the NodeBuilder interface. Another
rationale was to see how far we could go without having to rely on
branches, as the MongoMK didn't yet support that feature.

I intentionally set the update limit high enough so that the
functionality is only triggered in custom test cases and in normal use
the much lower purge limit in RootImpl takes care of branch handling.

BR,

Jukka Zitting