Hi,

The recent filevault package plugin release had a very low voting participation
and I had to wait almost a week until I got enough votes. I understand that
people are busy and it takes some time to truly verify the release.

What can we do to simplify or improve the releasing of filevault and plugin?

>From my side, I'll try to:
- send an intent-to-release mail 2-3 days before the release, like Julian does
- try to schedule the release at the beginning of the week

Additionally I like to make the voting period more flexible by:

- extending the maximum voting period to 1 week (5 business days) which is ok,
according to [0]
- change and clarify that the minimum voting period of 72 hours is measured
over 3 business days

So the voting text could say:

---
Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Jackrabbit FileVault ....
The vote is open for a minimum of 72 hours during business days and passes if a
majority of at
least three +1 Jackrabbit PMC votes are cast. The vote fails if not enough
votes are cast after
1 week (5 business days).
---

WDYT?