[snip]

>>> I've created a snapshot here:
>>>
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/httpcomponents/httpcore/4.1.1-SNAPSHOT/
>>>

>> Thanks.
>> I've tested, but don't works perfectly. With HC4, headers size always
>> 1440 bytes.
>> (total response size are good)
>> Perhaps, we must calculate headears size like HC3 instead of use metrics?
>>
> I don't see the behaviour you are reporting; HC4 seems to work OK for
> me with the snapshot build.

I confirm. I have this issue with test case on wiki jakarta, google home
page.
Sometimes with 1440 bytes ann sometimes 1338 (google, Jakarta wiki)
I've found too: if the total response size (headers+body < 1440 (or
1438)) HC4 have a headers size = total size, and body size is response
data size (old behavior)
(site with small response : www.monip.org)

> Did you remove/rename the existing httpcore jar?

Yes. And same issue with Jdk1.5 / 6 on Linux/Windows.