On 23 September 2011 23:17, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 23 September 2011 18:14, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 23 September 2011 17:15, Milamber <milam...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> It's seems all open bugs with 2.5.1RC1 are closed.
>>> I will start the RC2 process tomorrow.
>>
>> OK.
>
> Just found a problem with the HC4 retries - they prevent StopTest from
> working.
>
> There's a deadlock in the code that prevents the interrupt from
> working when there is a retry.
> [At the back of my mind, I thought there was another reason why I set
> the retry count to 0!]
>
> Shutdown works fine, because it does not try to interrupt the sample.
>
> I think there's a work-round I can use in the JMeter code, but I don't
> think we should release the code as is.
>
> Sorry.
>
> The Java and HC3.1 samplers work fine; it's only HC4 that has the problem.
>
> I'll let you know if there's a solution ASAP.

Log:
Temporary hack to work round
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCLIENT-1120
Note: copying the code from the patch did not seem to work; it looks
like isAborted() was not set.
Hopefully that is fixed in 4.1.3

That seems to have fixed it for me, or at least improved matters.

Still needs more testing to see if the deadlock I found - reported in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCLIENT-1127 - can still
occur.

BTW, I found the deadlock testing against the mirror server.