Eric Lewin wrote:
Hi,

I prefer to discuss the stories/scenarios with my customer before coding, so I've rewritten the StoryGeneratorSpike so that it works as described in "feature suggestion #2" further down.
Are you interested in that code?

Sure - I understand your point of view and it's very useful when facing
customers.
I do agree it's useful to be able to create stubs and would be very interested if you could provide a patch with the feature enhancement.

Please use http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/JBEHAVE to attach any patch.

Just use your suggested integration test to reproduce the bugs.
I checked out a clean version of jbehave an hour ago. See my results further down. Even though it says that the build is successful when I run the integration suite, no scenarios are run (test 2), nor printed out (test 3).

Anyway, I've fixed the code locally. If you like I could submit it. Is a patch to a new Jira issue the best way to contribute?

yes please

Bug #2: If I insert a call to story.specify() before running the story I get a class cast exception. The lists details.context.givens and details.context.outcomes are filled with strings and not BasicDetails

Bug #3: Classbuilder.newInstance(..) in StoryBuilder does not use the fullname when loading the class.

Again, test cases would be useful.

Feature suggestion #1: The TextStoryParser should accept newlines in the story text files. That would make the text files easier to read for human beings.

It does - although possibily not blank lines. I agree blank lines can improve readability.
If you can provide the failing file we can investigate.

I'm not familiar with sablecc but it doesn't seem that blank lines are defined within the grammar defined by core\src\java\org\jbehave\core\story\codegen\story.scc

Quite possibly :-)

***CodeGenerator (I know, it is in the sandbox, but it gets distributed ;O): Bug #4: The sandbox/antlr/... directory have got a StoryGeneratorSpike that doesn't work. Bug #5: When I fix the code in the StoryGeneratorSpike and run it, I find out that the generated classes are bogus.

antlr is not used anymore - nor supported.
There is only a couple of unused Exception in StoryGeneratorSpike that refers to antlr libraries.

We'll kill antlr from src.

Thanks for feedback and patches!
Cheers