the current project requires the spatial data for points to come typed as
xsd:float. otherwise data is ignored during indexing.

example:

a.) {will be indexed}
airports:EGBB rdf:type airports_sc:LargeAirport ;
    geo:lat "52.4539"^^xsd:float ;
    geo:long "-1.74803"^^xsd:float ;
    rdfs:label "Birmingham International Airport"

b.) {will not be indexed}
airports:EGBB rdf:type airports_sc:LargeAirport ;
    geo:lat "52.4539";
    geo:long "-1.74803";
    rdfs:label "Birmingham International Airport"

By default jena should accept geo:lat and geo:long as decimal degrees.

--

---
Marco Neumann