On 08/11/13 14:08, Ian Dickinson wrote:
On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 11:48 AM, Andy Seaborne <a...@apache.org> wrote:
There are three categories of operations:

1/ interacting with datasets
2/ inspection of the server (read-only, meta requests)
3/ administation/change of the server
Just to note: in order to bootstrap #1, in the new UI I need to be
able to at least list the datasets and discover which ones have query
as an enabled service. So #1 and #2 are somewhat coupled.

We need to be able to run UI-less as well :: that's #1.

1/ Plain SPARQL query server (no HTML).
   1'/ Plain SPARQL query+update server
2/ Plain SPARQL query server + query UI
     needs #1 + info about server config
3/ SPARQL server + query UI + admin functions
     needs #2 + admin actions

        Andy

I have a mild preference for /$/ -- maybe 2 and 3 will need different root
names.

As a general style point, I prefer that the default setup is "safe" - hence
you have to turn updates on, rather than the default being updatable.
+1

Ian