On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 6:19 PM, Andy Seaborne <a...@apache.org> wrote:

> Transactions:
>
> The text around transactions does not distinguish being inside or outside
> a transaction.
>
> There are 2 base kinds of graphs - ones in datasets (views) and standalone
> ones, then things like InfGraph and other added functionality. Transactions
> on view graphs need to be defined in the context of the dataset because
> transactions are connected.

Using databases as a transaction example.  There are multiple types of
transactions -- I don't know if we want to get into supporting or
identifying the type of transaction supported by a graph, but...
In the current case (Jena 2.12.x) whith 2 threads T1 and T2.

T1 begins a write transaction
T1 add to graph

T2 begins a read transaction (is this possible -- I think so)
Can T2 find the triples written by T1 (note that the transaction is not yet
committed)?

T1 commits the transaction
Can T2 now find the triples written by T1?

T2 ends transaction (just for completeness)

Claude
<http://like-like.xenei.com>