As I just said, using it as a library and not leaking stuff should be
ok. But some of the guava stuff has a tendency to leak the moment you
start using it. And it should probably be shaded to avoid version
conflicts. And shading this stuff has traditionally led to a full copy
of everything, since they use "facade" classes with static builders
that basically depend on everything, so getting "just" those classes
you need is a lot harder than it could have been otherwise.

I was only referring to 1.7 in the positive sense;- it's one step
closer to the next "good thing" in java 1.8. Jena will be there in a
year or two. Given our pace in maven we'll get there around when I
start looking for a retirement home in the mountains somewhere :)

Kristian