Hi all,

We are working on some Android app prototypes that deal with RDF data. To make things easier, we have created a version of Apache Jena that runs on Android. It basically consists of a bunch of Maven build files that do some repackaging of the original Jena jars in order to make them run on Android's Dalvik VM. As the port might be interesting to others, we have published it to Github for everyone to use.

From the project description:
This project aims to make the Apache Jena Framework usable on Android. While Jena is written in pure Java, it can't be used on Android as is, due to multiple package conflict issues. To overcome these issues, we have created an Android port enabling developers to use Apache Jena in Android apps. In contrast to other ports we don't just publish binaries, but make the Maven build files of the port available. We also stay as close as possible to the original (i.e. no source code changes). This should make it easier to stay in sync with upcoming Jena releases.

The project, including usage instructions, is available here:
https://github.com/seus-inf/jena-android

See here for an older discussion about the issues:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jena-dev/201304.mbox/%3C5163E9A0.2030307%40apache.org%3E

Best regards,
Sören

--
Dipl. Inf. Sören Brunk
Research Associate

Technische Universität Dresden
Faculty of Computer Science
Institute for Software- and Multimedia-Technology
Junior Professorship in Software Engineering of Ubiquitous Systems
01062 Dresden