Github user osma commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/jena/pull/51#issuecomment-92644591

    > If you want to use jena-text with Fuseki, you need to attach an assembler
description. Read the configuration section from Text searches with SPARQL.

    I know, I've done this for a long time. I just wanted to point out that if
your current code requires extra synchronization calls in the calling code,
that won't work for the Fuseki use case.

    > In my opinion, using jena-text by code is more flexible. It let's you
combine usage of 'default' and 'indexed' datasets.

    I'm sure it's more flexible, but this is really an apples vs oranges
comparison since there are different use cases with different requirements.
First and foremost I need a SPARQL endpoint on top of my data, the text index
is a nice extra. I could use Virtuoso or some other triple store instead, but
Fuseki+jena-text works pretty well for me.

    > Finally, I will try to prepare soon 3 new separate proposals (based on
current codebase) :

    Sounds very good to me!

---
with INFRA.