Github user ajs6f commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/jena/pull/95#issuecomment-159011031

    @afs Yes, I work on other projects where that is the case. My feeling is
that (irrespective of policy) it's good form to squash down, not all the way to
one commit, but down to a reasonable number that properly package the
substantive changes at play. But as I said, I didn't mean to imply that Jena
has some particular policy and I'm sorry if I caused any confusion. On a
semi-related note, there are a lot of merge commits in this PR. @samaitra, it's
of course your choice as to how to work, but if you are not familiar with `git
rebase`, it can be really helpful when trying to stay up to date with an
upstream master as you work.

---
with INFRA.
---