On 01/11/16 13:52, A. Soroka wrote:
I do not think I have anywhere near enough experience yet to RM, but I would
like to be as involved as is convenient so that at some future point, I _can_
do a release.

---
A. Soroka
The University of Virginia Library

The instructions are at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/JENA/Release+Process so have a read and ask any questions. Its long because the instructions are comprehensive.

It's good to set up a clean-room area - I use a different settings.xml with the maven repo pointing to a special one where I can clean it completely by deleting it.

You do the prep stages locally just to try them out.

Also

 - get a feel for the Nexus server at http://repository.apache.org/
- setup for step 10 (uploading the bytes to https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/jena

It all helps to get familiar and not have to do setup work while following the process. When you want to do it for real, there is less of a learning curve (and less to go wrong!) at that point in time.

        Andy