Github user rvesse commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/jena/pull/212

    My concern is that depending on the underlying storage of the data in the
graphs a call to `contains()` might be quite expensive and it would be more
efficient to simply call `delete()` directly.

    You appear to have provided a flag to force the old behaviour so I think go
ahead and merge this. Since if any user does encounter performance regressions
we can advise them of the workaround and use a concrete report as the basis for
any further optimisation.

---
with INFRA.
---