On 14/02/17 14:43, A. Soroka wrote:

On Feb 14, 2017, at 7:26 AM, Andy Seaborne <a...@apache.org> wrote:

Nowadays, I think it is better to develop new capabilities through clones and
dynamic PRs and better to keep the main code repository as focused on the main
line of development so I propose deleting branches and closing JIRA as noted
above.

+1

I have just rebased ThreadPerGraphDataset (sorry about the slew of commit
msgs!).

I would like to land that branch, but we did not come to a conclusion here:

https://github.com/apache/jena/pull/204

that I could find about how to do that. Andy remarked:

        • "Small things" being curated go into a general
jena-extras/jena-wip/jena-labs/jena-optional module with the idea that that is just while
they mature, Downside: things go into that module and don't progress.
        • At the other end of the spectrum, this is a step for jena-ldp so to
get attention on that, use that name. Downside: over selling.
        • Specific for this one thing: jena-writer-dsg, a name for the
write-centric dataset. Downside: does not connect to LDP usage.

Then there are a couple of comments about design and jena-ldp overall. I took away from that that ThreadPerGraphDataset is in-progress - I think it would be better to know it is the right design for whatever it's use case is before putting into a jena release. It gives more freedom to change without worrying about incompatibility.

Once released there is an obligation which can be limiting (despite any words around it to say "may change").

Thoughts? Is anyone else interested in bring an optional LDP component to
Fuseki (or perhaps independently of Fuseki, a la jena-ldp)?

Its easy enough to build a Fuseki with more code loaded into it. That's what [1] does. Copy the Fuseki shaded POM pattern.

Or put the Fuseki combined jar on the classpath (-cp, not -jar) =- that works as well. As Fuseki has all the cmds inside it, it's a convenient way to work on a remote server.

    Andy

[1]
https://github.com/afs/mantis/blob/master/fuseki-tdb2/pom.xml

---