I just had a successful build with:

mvn clean install -Dmaven.repo.local=/tmp/repo -Dmaven.artifact.threads=10

I find those system properties useful in situations like this (when Claude is
seeing weirdness in the build and it seems to be related to artifact
management). The first uses a clean empty Maven repo [1], the second configures
Maven to download artifacts with 10 threads (instead of the default 5) which
makes filling that repo a good bit faster [2].

I'll vote today or tomorrow once I have a chance to do some checks for signing,
checksums, etc.

ajs6f

[1]
https://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-configuring-maven.html#Configuring_your_Local_Repository

I'm not sure why the form I give above in the system property works, because
it's not quite in alignment with the settings.xml form, but it does work.

[2]
https://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-configuring-maven.html#Configuring_Parallel_Artifact_Resolution