This all makes sense to me. We've had a few nice contributions from various
non-committer folks; perhaps we could mention them to give some credit? I'd
like to give a straight Jira link but that kind of search is beyond my -fu.
Here are some examples:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JENA-1642
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JENA-1606

ajs6f