On 22/02/2020 11:35, Marco Neumann wrote:
> I was able to build (clean install) the latest snapshot (Apache Jena
> 3.15.0-SNAPSHOT) with jdk13.02 by upgrading lucene to version 7.7.2
> and elasticsearch to 6.8.6

Should we upgrade Lucene and ElasticSearch versions?

Does anyone know about compatibility of Lucene v8 code with Lucene v7 data files?

Either we do incremental jumps and old database often work for a while, new databases are current latest format but it is a little mysterious to the users as to when they need to reload or we do a few large jumps when it is clearer when a reload is needed but at that point all existing data has to be reloaded.

I think we should at least go to Lucene 7.7/ES-6.8 but if 8.0/ES-7.6 is not a data reload, then jump to Lucene-8 so that new databases are v8 format (the more incremental style).

    Andy

Current Jena:
Lucene:         7.4.0
ES:             6.4.2