In the 4.2.0 release, the OSGi artifacts were pulled from the convenience binaries because they didn't work properly.

Only Aaron's diligent testing caught this.

The new problem is with the new dependency - Titanium JSON-LD not being OSGi compatible. There is a quick fix in the code making Titanium optional for the OSGi bundle but that seems rather unsatisfactory and blocks us switching to Titanium for JSON-LD reading by default.

Testing of OSGi within the build has skipped because it does not work The tests setup fails for a single build from empty and the release, and release checking, do exactly that. JENA-913.

To add to the OSGi situation, this appeared 2021-09-16 (the first mention I know of of Jena+OSGi for a while.)

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/69180521/karaf-unable-to-install-jena

So some system is using Jena with OSGi - it is not clear whether it is using our Jena OSGi binary or not.

What to do about it?

We don't have OSGi skills any more - there are many ways to deploy these days and it seems OSGi isn't now important to anyone here.

    Andy