Hi Andy,

Many are simple incremental updates so I guess we ought to just do them.

> fontawesome-svg-core is a huge jump but v1 is so EOL it isn't even
> mentioned on their front page. And 1.3.0 does not seem to exist asfar as
> they are concerned.

+1

The other big one is vue itself. Too big for now but generally, how much
> is vue3 different from vue2? The breaking changes log seems detailed
> rather than scary.

Ah, yes, good point. They made v3 the latest in NPM (it was in beta
before). I migrated the Jena UI to Vue 3 following their docs, but then
realized the library I used for Bootstrap & components (Bootstrap Vue)
hasn't migrated to Vue 3.

I've created an issue for this: https://github.com/apache/jena/issues/1251

Vue 3 is the official release since 7th February, 2022. Vue 2 is still
maintained. The Vue 2.6 is not EOL'ed yet. Although there's no official
date, I remember some older posts/youtube videos where the maintainers had
promised some transition time for users to upgrade 2 → 3. The Vue.js
Wikipedia page says 2.6 is supposed to be maintained until September 2023,
but I don't think there is an actual hard date for the 2.x EOL. So it's
probably a good idea to migrate this year (my goal is to have it done by
June/July.)

Given how fast libraries move in JS, I appreciate that the Vue devs took
their time with the V3 in the works since ~2020/1 I think, with the first
version out by August/September last year, but only making it official now
after it had been well tested. It was a lot better than when AngularJS was
re-written in their 1 → 2 upgrade, what forced a lot of devs & companies
(including where I used to work) to hurry and update dependencies and
re-write everything as there was no transition time -
https://www.theguardian.com/info/developer-blog/2014/nov/10/on-the-ambitious-but-bumpy-road-to-angularjs-20

So +1 to font-awesome and any other dependency that can be updated. Vue
needs to stay in the 2.x for now, and I think sass-loader and related
.*sass.* libraries may cause the build to fail -if so, just undo the
upgrade.

Thanks!
Bruno