slf4j 2.0.0 was recently released and it is rather different to slf4j 1.7.x.

Has anyone had any experience of this change-over yet?

Just a local update seemed to work on a project I tried it out on. That was a change to the choice of log4j2 artifact as well - "log4j-slf4j-impl" to "log4j-slf4j18-impl".

The question for Jena upgrading to slf4j-api 2.0.0 is what impacts it has on client apps.

Can client apps just switch Jena versions given they themselves will be selecting a choice of slf4j implementation or bridge to actual logging systems?

The answer seems to be "no".

https://www.slf4j.org/faq.html#changesInVersion200

It looks like a long-timescale change over unless some kind of slf4j adapters appear to convert 2.0.0 service loading into a 1.7 search for StaticLoggerBinder.

So I suggest we do not upgrade, wait to see what happens in the rest of the world, and close dependabot PR #1506.

    Andy