On 20 January 2012 18:26, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You can certainly make runTest() return without waiting for the SUT.
> But how do you handle the responses?

I guess the caller of runTest() would have to have its own thread pool, and
issue calls to satisfy the desired QPS rate. However, I think you're
comment below shows that JMeter is not designed to do this, neither are
there any plans to change. Which is fine, and all I was looking for really.

> JMeter was originally designed for testing synchronous protocols.
> Samplers etc. are designed assuming they are single-threaded and use
> thread-local data.
>
> I suspect it would need a complete redesign to handle asynchronous
> protocols fully. We had a lot of issues trying to implement parallel
> download of
> embedded resources in HTTP samplers.

Regards,
Havard