On 6 May 2015 at 22:15, Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think I have another case for macro: skipping processed rows from a CSV
> file.
>
> Suppose you have a CSV data set.
> In case you cannot use the same entry twice (e.g. the case deletes
> record in the database or whatever) you have to carefully trim the
> source CSV before each start to make sure it always stats from fresh
> entries.
>
> It would be great if JMeter's CSV dataset had "persist the number of
> processed rows" ability.
> That means, when a row is processed, JMeter updates a side file that
> notes the number of consumed rows. So, when next time the same test is
> run, JMeter picks up from where it left.
>
> Do you think JMeter core should handle the case?

No.

> Do you think it is worth adding "persist the number of processed rows"
> (true/false/edit) property to "CSV Data Set Config"?

No.

> Should the case better be handled by a macro "persistent CSV data set"
> that is a combination of a current CSV Data Set, and while loop that
> skips the rows?

That seems very wasteful; surely it would be simpler just to skip the
required number of rows when opening the file?

I think this is not really core JMeter.
There's an easy work round - just update the input file.

However if it is considered to be widely useful, I think there are
simpler ways to implement it than using a macro.