I didn't follow this PR closely, but it is correct to remove this code:
if (fileEntry.exception != null) {
            Throwable exception = fileEntry.exception;
            if (exception instanceof RuntimeException) {
                throw (RuntimeException) exception;
            }
            // Note: previous exception message should be clear enough, so
            // no additional information like "file name" needs to be added
here
            throw new IllegalStateException(exception.getMessage(),
exception);
        }

Thanks

--