Github user vlsi commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/jmeter/pull/231

    > And if "test duration" parameter is not equal to expected test duration?

    Nothing breaks. The idea is as follows: each "test duration" the timer
produces exact number of samples.

    For instance, if configured with "100 samples per hour, test duration 30
min", then
    1) By 30min into the test there will be exactly 50 samples produced
    2) By 60min since the beginning there will be exactly 100 samples produced
    3) By 90min since the beginning there will be exactly 150 samples produced
    4) ...

    However, the patterns between 0m..30m, 30m...60m, and 60m...90m will all be
different. In other words, the timer will create different schedules for each
30m timeframe.

    > I think it's a GUI too complex and I search how to simplify it

    Yeah, the UI looks complicated, however I did try to remove non-required
elements.

    On top of that, we might need to introduce "variable rate" somehow. For
instance, in expression format: like `ramp(10/hour..100/hour in 10 min)
keep(30min) ramp(..10/hour in 10 min)`

---
with INFRA.
---