On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 6:39 PM, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7 April 2017 at 17:35, Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 6:30 PM, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> OK, in which case it can be renamed or deleted with impunity.
> >>
> > Do you think the new name is better  ? clearer for users ?
> >

> >    - request_sent_retry_enabled
> >    - retry_all_methods
> >    - Or maybe retry_all_http_methods
>
> What does the property control?

The retry of requests that have already been sent (not idempotent). You can
read the mentioned thread.
The use case is a bit edgy (AWS LB) but I think it is useful for a lot of
use cases as Cloud deployments are increasing.

Excerpt:
My problem is that AWS Application Load Balancer (ALB) terminates all
existing connections during configuration changes (including auto-scaling).
As my perf tests trigger auto-scaling, I want to retry failed requests that
ALB connection termination causes.

This results in a bunch of NoHttpResponseException whenever scaling occurs
(=when ALB terminates existing connections).

(And yeah, this load balancer behavior is weird and ugly but it's what they
confirmed).

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.