Hello,

I was wondering about how many users / downloads does JMeter have and
I couldn't find such information except indirectly via the usage
statistics from http://www.jmeter-plugins.org/stats/

Just yesterday we were discussing about MongoDB support which is
deprecated since it's not used very much but usage is measured
indirectly from support questions.

Are there any other sources of such info?

I believe it would be healthy for JMeter to actively measure such
usage info in order to better decide the future.

A while back NetBeans measured anonymously various metrics in order to
prioritise work. Information such as this
http://statistics.netbeans.org/analytics/graph/projecttypes.jsp and
this http://statistics.netbeans.org/analytics/graph/databaseservers.jsp
and this http://statistics.netbeans.org/analytics/graph/technologies.jsp
help determine which plugin deserves extra attention and which is
heading towards deprecation.

So, we should think about how we could implement something like this
while respecting the Apache rules surrounding user data.

--emi